Join The Serenity Channel’s Online Community:

1. Read the posts and add your comments - At the bottom of each post click the orange link to read and post comments.
2. Record an audio post - Call us and share, just like at a meeting and create your own podcast.
- Call 800 749-0632 (available 24 hours a day)
- Enter channel ID 12127#, enter channel password 6365#, then enter 1 to CREATE NEW EPISODE
- Record your message (limit 10 minutes, please)
OPTIONAL: At the start of your message, tell us your first name and your program (if you're working one). NOTE: You must have Windows Media Player, RealPlayer, QuickTime or iTunes installed on your PC to listen to the podcasts (mp3 files).
3. Become an Author - Post to an exisiting blog group or start a new blog group. Send requests to: info@theserenitychannel.com

Monday, August 20, 2007

Selective Serenity

Am I giving all to God?
I have experienced four spiritual awakenings in my life. Within each and every on of them I felt the presence of God and the freedom of letting go of my willful self-centerdness. But none of these God conscious epiphanys got me clean and sober.
I am so grateful to God that I am an alcoholic. For were it not for my disease, I would not have come to believe that I cannot do this thing called life without creating wreakage. Hell, it took AA for me to realize I even did wreakage. Without the simple steps of recovery I would still be out there thinking grandiose ideas that I tried to implement with a pititful and patheticself image.
It took complete demoralization for this alcoholic to be felled at the knees by the ax of Divine Love. My selfish self-centerdness destroyed my relationships long ago. It was only a matter of time before it destroyed my body.
I can no longer afford to selectively choose what I need to give to God. And I no longer believe that God needs me. And likewise I don’t pray for others selectively either. i.e.: Please let that person find sobriety, please give that person someone to love them, please save that person’s child from drug abuse.” Who am I to decide what would be best for you? Only God knows how to love perfectly. I pray for knowledge to know his will (willingness to listen) and the Power (Holy Spirit) to do it. I pray the same for others.That’s the only way I know how to get out of God’s way and let His Will, not mine, be done.
The daily goal is complete serenity, a giving up of expectations, a letting go of the reins. The peace that passeth all understanding (because self-knowledge availed be nothing!) is in a continual daily, moment to moment, decision to decision to surrender.
The end goal may be to die sober. But the journey is meant to be one of walking on water.

1 comment:

Connie said...

Very nice! I will print this and refer to this from time to time if you don't mind!!